I’m humbled and grateful to accept another award for Spence’s Girl from a blogger I’ve admired for a long while, incahootswithmuddyboots.com. Sabine is a world-class contributor to the blogosphere. She travels the world, loves nature, gardening, cooking (and shares great recipes) and is a talented photographer and story teller. I’ve learned alot from her and appreciate her support of my blog; I hope you’ll check her out.
Here are the the Sunshine Blogger Award rules:
Thank the person who nominated you!
Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know they were nominated.
Ask the nominees 11 questions
1. Dream vacation! Where would you go? My dream vacation is a European Riverboat Cruise (as advertised on Downton Abbey). The Greek Isles and visiting Spain are also very much on my Bucket List….
2. Which book are you reading at the moment? Just this morning I finished “Re-Inventing Mona” which was a fun read and before that, “A Street Cat Named Bob” which I loved. Next up, “A Memory of Violets” which was highly recommended by my sister and mom.
3. Who is your favorite poet? Maya Angelou
4. What is your favorite time of day to write for your blog? Being retired, I can blog at any time the mood strikes but would say my most productive window is likely after 11:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m.
5. Do you have any pets and what kind? I have the two most adorable, loving and fun kitties, Tipper and Biscotti. Natural brothers (though different kitty-daddies), they were born in our backyard garden to Chica, a beautiful feral calico cat.
6. How many and which languages do you speak? Fluent in English, some “Spanglish” (picked up during 15 years of vacationing in Costa Rica) and studied five years of French in high school which comes in handy now when dining in a French restaurant.
7. What is your favorite flower? I’ve photographed and shared countless flower pictures from my garden and travels on this blog. A favorite? I have to say it’s between my glorious irises and peonies. (And I’d add Hydrangeas as a favorite though growing them and getting any blooms has vexed me for years…)
8. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains? A nearly impossible choice for me as Spence and I adore Aruba and yet we feel equally as passionate about our many trips to the Great Smoky Mountains and the Canadian Rockies. I simply can’t choose. Next question please….
9. What type of music do you like? I was a teenager in the 70’s and fell in love with the music and artists from that era. In fact I will be fulfilling a life long dream next month when I go to see The Who! Jethro Tull, Joni Mitchell, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, James Taylor and Carole King are among my favorite artists. I enjoy nearly all types of music…
10. Which fruit do you enjoy eating the most? Another tricky question….I love most fruit but raspberries fresh picked from the garden on a warm day are hard to beat!
11. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Though I know dark chocolate has health benefits and I do enjoy it, I’d have to say milk chocolate!
My 11 Nominees are….
- badcatchris.com – I’ve recently discovered this fun website about Chris, a former shelter cat who even has his own book (impressive) and looks very much like my Biscotti. Together with his humans, siblings Frankie and Puck, the self-proclaimed “baddest cat you’ll ever love” is always a delight. If you love cats – and seriously, who doesn’t, check out this blog!
- rumpydog.com – another recently discovered blog which features Rumpy Dog, an Alaskan Malamute rescued from a busy street. After no one claimed him, was adopted into a loving home along with June Buggie Cat, a darling ginger feline. There are also great posts contributed by their Mom and it’s a new favorite of mine!
- nourishedpeach.com – Melissa, a wife and mom of two whose passion for her family equals her passion for cooking. Her blog offers up scrumptious recipes that are comfort food – both nuturing and nourishing. Check her out!
- rantingchef.com – Pat is a Cleveland based, amateur chef who loves food and really knows how to cook it. Beyond recipes, on this blog you will learn things about food prep and technique. For the foodies out there, this is a blog you should be following.
- ronitpenso.wordpress.com – Ronit’s blog “Tasty Eats” is well named. She’s worked as an Executive and Restaurant Chef, Caterer and more, across the globe. Now a Private Chef, she’s published a cookbook, working on the next one, does cooking demos and is a champion of “from scratch” cooking, something I’m passionate about as well. I’ve reblogged recipes from her, the diversity of her repetoire is astonishing and so creative, again for you foodies….
- stovetopstory.com – Julie is a French cook living in America. Her recipes are healthy, mostly vegetarian and always creative, appealing with photos and how-to’s to assure that you have the same delicious success that she did while crafting them. Her Three Ingredients Banana Pancakes have intrigued me as has the Sweet Potato Gnocchi with a Brown Butter and Sage Sauce….magnificique! Did I mention the recipes appear in both English and French?
- whatsfordinnermoms.com – Written by a Mom, this blog incorporates family friendly, home-cooking meals that make you hungry and inspired to prepare them. She and her family have recently relocated to Michigan (my state), are Disney enthusiasts and when you read her blog, you’ll find she is someone you’d like to hang out with.
- patcegan.wordpress.com – This blog “Source of Inspiration” offers stunning photography of nature coupled with inspirational and lovely poetry. There is something so calming and zen in reading these posts. Though short in length, the warm embrace you feel when visiting this blog remains with you. For those seeking a moment to be tranquil and breathe deeply, follow the link above.
- justmidlife.wordpress.com – Suzy Barker shares her photography and perspective with stories and musings about life in the English countryside. She is a self-described “daft midlife scribbler” (love that) and promises her followers a crack-pot ride? I’m in!
- everydaysarahjane.com – Five years ago, Sarah taught herself to cook, finding not only did she have a knack for it but also discovering her passion for it. (I can relate!) She has oodles of yummy recipes but also how-to’s which afford opportunities to learn new techniques.
- unwedhousewifeblog.wordpress.com – Unwed Housewife is a fun blog I recently found after she liked one of my posts. A Texan, now living in the midwest, she is a stay at home mom to two cats (me too!) and is all about domestic bliss, cooking and recipes. What’s not to like here?
Congratulations to all those nominated! Keep on blogging and thank you for your contributions to the Blogosphere – you rock! Now…here are your 11 questions:
- What is a fun fact about you, never shared until now on your blog?
- Early riser or night owl?
- Glass half-empty or half-full?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What inspires you?
- Favorite vacation spot?
- Peanut butter – crunchy, smooth or peanut allergy?
- If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
- Sunrise or sunset?
- Are you a multi-tasker, procrastinator or laser focused?
- What was the last great movie you’ve seen? (theater, rental or streaming)