I learned yesterday that my blog was the recipient of the Sunshine Blogger Award by Jessica at thishappymommy.com. If you haven’t heard of The Sunshine Blogger Award, it’s an award for bloggers from bloggers. It’s a way of recognizing bloggers who are positive and who creatively inspire others. Jessica’s blog is one that I enjoy as well and I hope you’ll check her out as her blog is terrific!
Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
Notify the bloggers you included.
Keep the rules in your post.
The Questions for me:
- What makes you happy? So many things, hmmm….retirement, a rare, really good night’s sleep, sitting in my garden or in front of a roaring fire with a glass of wine and Spence by my side.
- What makes you laugh out loud? Funny animal videos and always Jon Stewart when he did The Daily Show.
- Who’s your favourite comedian or comedic actor? One of my favorite stand up comedians is Tim Bedore Why? He does Wednesday morning segments called “Vague but True” on the Bob & Tom Radio Show that are so clever and original. I have several of his CD’s, saw him in person and got a chance to meet him. “Animal Conspiracy” is a classic. Spence and I take the CD’s on road trips and crack up every time we listen. Brilliant.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Barcelona or Santorini have been on my bucket list for years.
- What’s your favorite season or time of year? You might think with my love of gardening that it would be summer but I adore the autumn in Michigan. That first cool down in temps, the color changes of the trees that takes your breath away is hard to top. My second favorite is spring when everything starts to come back to life, green grass, flowering trees, hyacinth, tulips, bluebells and daffodils appear.
- Do you crave sweet or savoury food? Since going on Weight Watchers seven months ago, I’ve weaned myself off sweets (among other things) and find that I’m craving salty and savory dishes. Which is not to say that I don’t have the occasional piece of pie….
- If you had a theme song, what song would it be? “Everything” by Michael Buble is such a happy song about having found that someone who is your everything. You simply can’t be sad if that song comes on and I never tire of it. It’s a musical anti-depressant.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? This may not be the answer you were going for but being able to retire at age 57 was the greatest gift. I consider that I gave it to myself but also that Spence gave it to me since I never could have done it with out his full support. It has opened up the best chapter of my life so far.
- Do you prefer talking or texting? I was late to the texting party and I like the convenience but nothing beats talking with eye contact, smiles and laughter.
- What inspired you to start blogging? I’ve always enjoyed writing and had talked about doing it in retirement. Blogging felt like the perfect outlet, allowing me to share a broad variety of things that I love. I never would have dreamt that I’d love it so much and would reach so many supportive people from all over the world – that’s been the most lovely surprise!
- Besides blogging, what else do you enjoy doing? I enjoy cooking, gardening, travel, wine, reading, movies, dancing, music, snuggling with our cats, Tipper and Biscotti, seeing friends and family and hanging out with Spence. And watching the Food Network. And binge watching TV series. And as I mentioned before, a good night’s sleep!
My nominees (and I hope you’ll check them out) are:
- Swamp Yankee Style
- Unwed Housewife
- Savannahs Paw Tracks
- Anna’s Gardening, Antics & Musings
- Tea in Wonderland
- Artsy Teen
- Eat Simple Love Food
- Kittens with Selfies
- Bunny eats Design
And here are the questions for my nominees, should they accept the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- If you could choose your favorite meal, what would it be?
- Are you a morning or an evening person?
- What goals have you not yet achieved?
- You get to pick a movie to watch tonight – do you choose comedy, drama, chick flick or slasher?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Who do you most admire?
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
- Do you speak more than one language?
- Name one of the items on your bucket list?
- What’s one thing about you that most people don’t know?
- Fill in the blank “I wish ________”
I hope my nominees will accept and I look forward to reading their answers. If not, just know that your blogs brighten my day and I look forward to your posts!! Thank you again Jessica for your nomination.