For this next installment, as promised, I’m going to talk about the daily breakfast included with our stay at Bucuti and Tara Beach Resort. Spence teases me about photographing my food when I travel “Laura’s Eating and Drinking Vacation Diary” as he calls it. But come on, if you’re a foodie it makes sense!
At home, I’m lucky if I can get Spence to have the occasional yogurt for breakfast. He just isn’t a breakfast guy – until we get to Bucuti.
Serving till 11:00, we stroll down around 10:00, are greeted by Martin who seats us (we prefer inside). Then comes the decisions – what to choose?
- eggs to order – Nancy or Marjorie (depending on the day) will prepare eggs expertly including omelets – a favorite of Spence’s
- Bacon and sausage
- Potatoes – different varieties each day
- Specialty items that change daily – some of which were eggs benedict, arepas, red beans and rice, empanadas style meat filled little goodies were among my favorites
- 4 kinds of juice plus fruit or veggie infused water
- 2 -3 kinds of meat – ham, pastrami, mortadella to name a few and 2-3 kinds of cheeses – always including gouda
- smoked salmon or smoked trout with cream cheese, onions and capers
- fresh fruit platters – multiple varieties each day including: pineapple, papaya, watermelon, cantelope, honeydew, mango, dragon fruit and passion fruit as well as bananas, apples, kiwi and orange on the other side of the buffet
- easily eight types of bread as well as pastries, croissants, bagels, english muffins, banana bread and pound cake with an assortment of jams, spreads and butter
- Yogurt and topping of granola, dried fruits
- Cereals (3-4 varieties)
I’ve probably forgotten something but I think you get the drift. Amazing. This year I got to try dragon and passion fruit, both of which I’m totally smitten. Succulent, perfectly fresh and delicious, I had to stop short of gorging on these, such a treat. With attentive, friendly service from Nakarid, Ricardo and Lina, it is the best way to start each day when staying at Bucuti and Tara Beach Resort.