Festive Napa Cabbage Salad Serves 4-8
For the Crunchy Ramen topping:
- 1 package ramen noodles – broken up, (discard the flavoring package – not needed)
- 1/2 c slivered almonds
- 1/4 c sesame seeds
- 1 stick butter
Melt butter in a large frying pan. Add noodles, almonds and sesame seeds, lightly brown them. Set aside to cool.
For the dressing:
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/3 c champagne vinegar
- 1/2 c canola oil
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes
Mix together well and set aside. (I put it in a jar and shake it to dissolve the sugar and emulsify) You’ll dress the salad just prior to serving.
For the salad:
- 1 head Napa Cabbage – shredded (I don’t use the last two inches of the base and eliminate some of the stalk like center of the larger leaves)
- 1 bunch green onions – chopped
- 1/2 c finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 c finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 c finely minced parsley
Toss all salad ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, pour dressing over the salad mix and toss together. Top generously with the crunchy ramen topping and serve. Enjoy!
5 thoughts on “Festive Napa Cabbage Salad”
I’m hungry and this looks so tempting
It’s so good, crunchy, buttery, pops of vinegar. A really yummy bowl of goodness to be sure!
I’ve made something similar. I toast the almonds and sesame seeds, the make a similar dressing using maybe 1 or two tablespoons of sugar and 1/4 cup of oil for the dressing. Maybe a little less crunchy, but still tasty.