Having just created a new twist on my flatbread-for-one recipes, I wanted to share it with my followers.
Caprese-Style Chicken Flatbread
- 1 flatbread
- 1/2 c chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 c spiced ricotta (see recipe below)
- 1/2 c chopped heirloom tomatoes
- fresh basil and parsley leaves – torn
- 1/4 – 1/3 c shredded mozarella
- aged balsamic vinegar – to drizzle
Heat oven to 400. I use my cast iron skillet and like to preheat it for 5 minutes while prepping the flatbread and toppings.* Brush the bottom of the flatbread with a little olive oil. Place it into the skillet and bake for 5-8 minutes. Remove from oven and spread the ricotta, followed by the chicken and tomatoes, basil, parsley and mozzarella. Drizzle balsamic over the top and return to the oven for 5-6 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
*Flatbreads can be done on a grill pan – or right on the grill.
Spicy Ricotta – enough for 4 flatbreads
- 1 c ricotta
- 1 t garlic powder
- red pepper flakes – to taste
- 1/4 t Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Seasoning
- 2 t olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Mix ingredients together. Refrigerate for an hour….overnight (even better).
One thought on “Caprese-Style Chicken Flatbread”
makes me want to run out and buy flatbread and ricotta and make this!!!!!!!!