I’ve made versions of this salad over time, always with broccoli. Today knowing that I had both broccoli and cauliflower on hand, I decided to do a twist on my go-to recipe and share it with you.
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- 2 c broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 – 2 c cauliflower florets
- 1/2 c dried cranberries – add to 1/2 c very hot water for 1o minutes, drain
- 4 oz sharp cheddar, cut into small chunks
- 1/4 c chopped red onion
- 1/2 c pecans – chopped and lightly toasted
- 4-5 slices crisp bacon, chopped
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1 T honey
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 t coarse ground black pepper
- 1 t dijon mustard
- red pepper flake to taste (optional)
In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, cranberries, cheddar and red onion. Make the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, pepper, dijon and red pepper flakes. Dress the salad with the desired amount of dressing – you can always add more. Add the bacon and pecans, stir to blend. Chill for one hour and serve.