This morning I found that I’d be given The Happiness Tag by a favorite fellow blogger, Becky Ellis at beckysbubblesblog.wordpress.com – here’s the link: https://beckysbubblesblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/06/the-happiness-tag/
Becky’s blog encompasses information about my favorite bubbly adult beverages and frequently pairs them with amazing recipes; I hope you’ll check her out!
To accept The Happiness Tag:
- 5 Things that Make Me Happy
- 5 Songs that Make Me Happy
- 5 Bloggers who Make Me Happy and Notify those Bloggers
5 Things that Make Me Happy
Being married to my soulmate. Spence and I spent 18 years together before making it legal. As we approach our 7th wedding anniversary in a few weeks, I’m grateful knowing how lucky we are to have found each other and made this life together.
Being Cat Mom to Tipper and Biscotti. Our two kitties were born in our back yard. Once they’d made eye contact with us we had to make them a part of our lives. Seven years later and each day they show me love with snugggles, purrs and playfulness.
When they were kittens…
Cooking. If you’ve followed my blog you could have predicted that it would make the list. There is something soothing and zen that happens to me during the creative process of preparing delicious food. Learning new techniques, trying out recipes, tantalizing aromas filling our home and of course, sharing the meals with others who enjoy them all equal happy to me.
My garden. In the first warm days of Spring, my hands start itching for contact with the dirt and with each week that passes, I’m in some stage of planting, pruning, gathering blooms and herbs, weeding and photographing it. Since retiring I’m able to spend more time enjoying it, stopping to smell the roses.
Travel. A goal of mine since retiring two years ago was to travel with Spence as much as possible. Our travel is comprised of new destinations and returning to places we love. I have chronicled many of our trips in my blog and hope to share many more!
5 Songs that Make Me Happy
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars – no matter how many times I hear it I can’t resist the urge to break into dance. Every.Single.Time.
- Locomotive Breath – Jethro Tull – a throwback to my teenage years, this has remained a classic rock favorite that never loses it luster for me. The beat, the lyrics, the imagery plus the power to transport me back in time, simply brilliant.
- September – Earth, Wind & Fire – doesn’t this song make everyone happy? I defy you not to smile and stay in your seat.
- God Only Knows – The Beach Boys – one of the greatest songs about love. Ever.
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond – so many great memories of this song, seeing Neil Diamond perform it when I was a teen, singing and dancing along to it in the ensuing years at numerous parties with great friends.
5 Blogs that Make Me Happy
tastingeverything.com – Chef Anne is not only responsible for creating healthy, delicious recipes but her food photography is unequaled. She plates like an artist and I only wish she was in Michigan so that I could try her food.
storyshucker.wordpress.com – Stuart M. Perkins has a writing style that is honest, touching and his stories make me slow down to savor each word.
badcatchris.com – This blog may have begun with Chris, The Baddest Cat You’ll Ever Love (and he looks like my Biscotti) but he shares this blog with his siblings including recently adopted and adorable kitten, Floki. Cat lovers, this blog is one you need to check out.
https://purrseidon.wordpress.com – Purrseidon is the star of this blog and is a cat. A cat who a fearless lover of water and a water sports enthusiast. But more than that, many posts written to Purrseidon’s “Furiends” feature stories of siblings, selfies and everything that is good, informative and helpful for cat moms and dads. “Purr-fectly fun”!
lovingleisuretime.wordpress.com – Frances is a breath of fresh air, pairing beautifully photographed flowers with perfect quotes and sharing delicious recipes. Retired since 2013 her posts are like a welcome visit with that friend that truly “gets” you. Simpatico.
7 thoughts on “The Happiness Tag”
I love your blog so much and I’m so happy to be happiness tagged by you! Thanks!
Thank you! 😊
You deserve the Happiness Tag! 😻
Such gorgeous irises and adorable kitties. Popped over here from Purrseidon’s blog. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo
Thank you! So happy you stopped by!