This is the first writing challenge from BUGS (Blogging U Grads) and the challenge is to simply introduce myself by sharing ten things about me. Considering that I’ve shared quite a bit about myself in the last seven months, the challenge for me is to come up with things previously not revealed……
- I’m left-handed. Proud of it and believe that my creativity springs from my left-handedness.
- Though my husband and I are the only human occupants of my home (my two sons are cats – just to clarify), my pantries (yes plural), refrigerator, freezer, spice and wine racks might lead one to believe that I’m secretly running a personal chef service, opening a gourmet food shop or preparing for the zombie apocalypse.
- I have extremely flat feet.
- I love The Gilmore Girls! Have the whole series on DVD, watch it beginning to end once a year. It makes me happy.
- My first job was as a cashier in a donut shop. Yes, I was a donut slinger, at age 16. Couldn’t eat donuts for many years after I left that job.
- I live in the same home that my grandparents built, where my Dad was raised, in the same neighborhood I grew up in.
- All my life I’ve been told I looked like both Grandmothers and my Dad.
- My hair is naturally very curly, like Shirley Temple curly.
- I am of 100% Swedish descent (to the best of our family knowledge).
- I didn’t learn to text until I was 57 years old.
Tada! I did it. And I’m quite sure that I’ve not previously shared these captivating facts about myself on this blog.
So, that’s me. Nice to meet you.
BUGS is a writing group that was formed by those participants in the Blogging University Writing 101 workshop from earlier this year. This is the first of bi-weekly challenges they will assign us through year end. I hope you’ll find them interesting.
8 thoughts on “Ten Things about Me”
Hey, we share flat feet and left handed-ness! Many artist and great minds were left handed so you are right to attribute your creativity to that.
I knew I liked you! 😊
“The Flat-Footed Gang.” Sounds dangerous. Can I join too? (:
Your living situation sounds heavenly.
Of course you can join the flat-footed gang! And thank you for checking out my blog!
I like Gilmore Girls too! I watch the reruns when I can. My husband thinks they talk too fast.
Thanks Donna. I think there’s something so endearing about Gilmore Girls, the characters, the town of Stars Hollow and the dialogue – wicked fast and clever. My husband has become a fan through reruns which cracks me up because it’s not his usual type of show.
BTW, I didn’t know about BUGS!
So far only 1 assignment 5/31 for BUGS. It’s kind of an offshoot that came out of Writing 101, bi-weekly prompts. Would you like more info. It’s happening via WordPress. 😊