Dinner tonight was quick, easy and delicious. Here’s how to put it together, should the munchies strike your household.
Quick & Easy Oven Nachos Serves 2 for dinner, 4 as an appetizer
- 1/2 lb ground beef (I used ground chuck for these)
- 1-2 T mexican/southwest seasoning blend
- 1-2 t cumin
- 1/2 c sweet white onion
- 1/2 c green bell pepper
- 1/2 c chopped baby yellow, red and orange peppers
- 2 c shredded mexican cheese blend
- restaurant style tortilla chips – several big handfuls
Brown the ground beef with the seasoning blend and cumin. Drain the meat in a colander lined with paper towel and set aside. Dice the onion and bell pepper, slice the baby peppers into rings of similar size – set aside. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil (including the edges). Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Grab a couple handfuls of tortilla chips and lay them across the pan creating a solid layer. Sprinkle half the cheese over the chips. Now distribute the onions, peppers and meat across that layer. Add the remaining cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve with the “condiments” shown below.
- sour cream
- hot sauce (I love Cholula brand)
- guacamole or chopped avocado
Chef’s note: Have fun with this – the quantities, toppings and condiments are your playground. Clean up is super easy, just fold in the foil and viola! You’re done.